1: Improve the design, performance and value of new and existing residential and commercial buildings.
- Support improvements to minimum building performance standards and codes.
- Support research and innovation in new products, services and construction practices.
- Increase the appraised values of high performance homes and buildings.
- Improve the visibility of high performance building features in MLS directories.
- Provide useful education and valuation resources to realtors, appraisers and lenders.
2: Protect the current and future business climate of our industry and create new business opportunities for all its companies.
- Advocate and lobby for policy, legislative and regulatory improvements.
- Encourage utilities, suppliers and government entities to offer rebates and incentives.
- Support utility, municipal and state energy saving and performance standards.
- Establish industry partnerships that bring new opportunities and investments to members.
- Offer events, programs and awards that encourage entrepreneurship and innovation.
3: Offer industry professionals career planning, placement, development and continuing education opportunities and resources.
- Establish strong industry-supported credentialing, certification and licensing standards.
- Market career opportunities to high school, community college and university students.
- Improve the perception of career opportunities in our industry’s skilled trade positions.
- Offer and promote internship, co-op and apprenticeship programs across the state.
- Offer continuing education, networking and other workshops and events.
4: Provide educational resources to home, building and property owners that encourage their commitment to high performance construction.
- Promote consumer participation in “building performance” (not “green”) as a brand.
- Provide free online resources to educate consumers on their building performance options.
- Initiate advertising and marketing campaigns to promote our industry and its work.
- Promote the health, safety, durability, environmental and energy benefits our work offers.